What is VR home cockpit ?
VR cockpit is a cockpit that can be controlled even with VR.
VR cockpit is designed based on the 3D model of the cockpit in the simulation. So you can feel like you're sitting in a simulated cockpit. And since there are switches and levers in the same or similar positions, it is possible to control them even with VR.
Differences from other simulators
The display is not implemented except for the switch, so it can be produced at very low prices.And because there is little communication data with the computer, there is little failure and delay, so it can be simulated smoothly.
And we can bring the advantages of VR as it is.
It's a little uncomfortable to find the switch because you can't see the hand from the virtual cockpit. Also, you have to use VR to read instruments. And we always need an initial setting process.
Let me introduce our A-10C VR home cockpit.
- It consists of 22 modules and frame and 4 communication boxes.
- Each module operates independently with a communications box, and consumers can configure their own cockpit only with the modules they need.
- Unfortunately, this was produced using a commercial 3D model and a DCS A-10C manual other than the 3D model of DCS A-10C due to copyright issues. So there is a slight error. But there is no problem with the cockpit's function.
- This is an iron structure and is easy to assemble because there is no welding and can only be assembled with screws.
- It currently only supports DCS A-10C. However, future software updates will support all other simulation
- Very low maintenance costs because they apply the self-after-service concept and use the Arduino Universal Board and Universal Switchs.
- How to assemble and maintain will be revealed on YouTube.